Pat Conroy MP

Pat Conroy MP

Member for Shortland, NSW

Minister for Defence Industry Minister for International Development and the Pacific

Australian Labor Party


Total Interests: 55

Latest alteration: Gifts - 1/02/24

Source: Statement of Registrable Interests - this contains interests declared as at 11/04/22 and alterations since then.  

This statement contains interests declared as at the dissolution of the previous parliament on 11/04/22 and any alterations since then, including new interests and amendments and deletions to existing interests. The date of an alteration is when it was declared to the register, not when the change occurred.

Open Politics has amended the wording and formatting of some MPs' and Senators' declared interests to improve readability or to correct mistakes. To notify Open Politics of an error or omission, contact us.

Problems: Conroy did not declare NRL tickets and hospitality he received to attend the State of Origin Game on 12 July 2023 within the required 28 days.

1. Shareholdings

Shareholdings in public and private companies, including any holding or subsidiary companies

RepPersonName of companyDate
Pat ConroySelfNil11/04/2022
Pat ConroySpouse/partnerNil11/04/2022
Pat ConroyDependent childrenNil11/04/2022

2. Family and business trusts

Family and business trusts and nominee companies

i. in which a beneficial interest is held

RepPersonName of trust/nominee companyNature of its operationBeneficial interestDate
Pat ConroySelfNil11/04/2022
Pat ConroySpouse/partnerNil11/04/2022
Pat ConroyDependent childrenNil11/04/2022

2. Family and business trusts

ii. in which someone is a trustee

RepPersonName of trust/nominee companyNature of its operationBeneficial interestDate
Pat ConroySelfNil11/04/2022
Pat ConroySpouse/partnerNil11/04/2022
Pat ConroyDependent childrenNil11/04/2022

3. Real Estate

Real estate, including the location (suburb or area only) and the purpose for which it is owned

RepPersonLocationPurposeDate
Pat ConroySelfKingston ACT unit Residential11/04/2022
Pat ConroySelfPurchase of residential Warners Bay property, owned 77.5% by spouse & I. Remaining 22.5% owned by another relative.Residential11/04/2022
Pat ConroySpouse/partnerPurchase of Warners Bay property, owned 77.5% by spouse & I. Remaining 22.5% owned by another relative.Residential11/04/2022
Pat ConroyDependent childrenNil11/04/2022

4. Directorships

Registered directorships of companies

RepPersonName of companyActivities of companyDate
Pat ConroySelfNil11/04/2022
Pat ConroySpouse/partnerNil11/04/2022
Pat ConroyDependent childrenNil11/04/2022

5. Partnerships

Partnerships, including the nature of the interests and activities of the partnership

RepPersonNameNature of interestsActivitiesDate
Pat ConroySelfNil11/04/2022
Pat ConroySpouse/partnerNil11/04/2022
Pat ConroyDependent childrenNil11/04/2022

6. Liabilities

Liabilities, including the nature of the liability and the name of the creditor

RepPersonLiabilityCreditorDate
Pat ConroySelfMortgage on Kingston residential property Greater Bank11/04/2022
Pat ConroySelfRental of Warners Bay Townhouse managed by LJ Hooker, Warners Bay11/04/2022
Pat ConroySelfMortgage on Warners Bay Property with spouse Greater Bank11/04/2022
Pat ConroySelfConstruction loan on primary residence (linked to the loan is a contract to build a new house)[Not disclosed]03/08/2022
Pat ConroySpouse/partnerMortgage on Warners Bay Property with spouse Greater Bank11/04/2022
Pat ConroySpouse/partnerConstruction loan on primary residence (linked to the loan is a contract to build a new house)[Not disclosed]03/08/2022
Pat ConroyDependent childrenNil11/04/2022

7. Bonds

Bonds, debentures and like investments

RepPersonType of investmentBody in which investment is heldDate
Pat ConroySelfNil11/04/2022
Pat ConroySpouse/partnerNil11/04/2022
Pat ConroyDependent childrenNil11/04/2022

8. Savings or investment accounts

Savings or investment accounts, including the nature of the account and the name of the bank or financial institution

RepPersonName of bank/institutionDate
Pat ConroySelfGreater Bank11/04/2022
Pat ConroySelfGreater Bank11/04/2022
Pat ConroySelfME Bank11/04/2022
Pat ConroySpouse/partnerGreater Bank11/04/2022
Pat ConroyDependent children11/04/2022

9. Other assets

The nature of any other assets (excluding household and personal effects) each valued at over $7,500

RepPersonNature of any other assetsDate
Pat ConroySelfSuperannuation - Australian Super11/04/2022
Pat ConroySpouse/partnerSuperannuation - Australian Super11/04/2022
Pat ConroyDependent childrenNil11/04/2022

10. Other income

The nature of any other substantial sources of income (excluding official salary)

RepPersonNature of incomeDate
Pat ConroySelfRent from Warners Bay property11/04/2022
Pat ConroySelfFood & board payments from lodger at Kingston unit03/08/2022
Pat ConroySpouse/partnerIncome as a Lake Macquarie City Councillor11/04/2022
Pat ConroyDependent childrenNil11/04/2022

11. Gifts

Gifts of more than $750 from official sources (e.g. a foreign or domestic government, or officeholder in a government) or at more than $300 from non-official sources. Gifts from family or friends do not need to be declared unless a member or senator judges that it could create an appearance of a conflict of interest.

RepPersonDetails of giftsDate
Pat ConroySelfFoxtel provided in electorate office11/04/2022
Pat ConroySelfQantas Lounge membership [Chairman's Lounge]11/04/2022
Pat ConroySelfVirgin lounge membership [Beyond Lounge]11/04/2022
Pat ConroySelfA constituent presented six bottles of whisky as a gift11/04/2022
Pat ConroySelfTongan national rugby league team jersey and Sydney Roosters training shirt and track pants given by Mr Tavake Fangupo, National Rugby League development manager, Tonga.13/01/2023
Pat ConroySelfWooden carving of an octopus and fish given by Tongan Minister for Health, the Hon. Saia Piukula.13/01/2023
Pat ConroySelfCarved wooden storyboard of a sailboat given by the Belau - Submarine Cable Corporation in Palau. - Self: Framed shell money necklace given by Tropic Group Builders - Limited in Solomon Islands.30/08/2023
Pat ConroySelfPack of five cigars given by Cuba's Ambassador H.E. Mrs Tanieris - Dieguez La O - surrendered to the Department of the Prime Minister and - Cabinet.01/02/2024
Pat ConroySpouse/partnerNil11/04/2022
Pat ConroyDependent childrenNil11/04/2022

12. Travel or hospitality

Sponsored travel or hospitality where the value exceeds $300

RepPersonDetails of travel/hospitalityDate
Pat ConroySelfNil11/04/2022
Pat ConroySelfAccepted an invitation from the National Rugby League (NRL) for myself and a guest to attend the NRL Telstra Women's Premiership Grand Final and the NRL Premiership Grand Final at Accor Stadium in Sydney on 2 October 2022.28/09/2022
Pat ConroySelfAccepted an invitation from Tennis Australia for myself and a guest to attend and have dinner at the Australian Open at Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne Park, in Melbourne for the night session on 17 January 2023.09/01/2023
Pat ConroySelfSelf: Accepted three tickets and hospitality from the National Rugby League to attend the NRL Magic Round in May 2023.09/05/2023
Pat ConroySelfAccepted tickets for myself and guests from the Newcastle Knights to attend a match in May 2023.12/05/2023
Pat ConroySelfAmerican Airlines provided an upgrade on a flight from New York to Delhi on 9 June 2023.16/06/2023
Pat ConroySelfThe National Rugby League provided tickets and hospitality for myself and a guest at the State of Origin Game 3 at Accor Stadium Sydney on 12 July 2023.11/08/2023
Pat ConroySelfThe National Rugby League provided tickets and hospitality for myself - and a guest at the State of Origin Game 3 at Accor Stadium Sydney on - 12 July 2023.11/08/2023
Pat ConroySelfQantas provided an upgrade on a flight from Los Angeles to Sydney on - 15 December 2023. 20/12/2023
Pat ConroySpouse/partnerNil11/04/2022
Pat ConroyDependent childrenNil11/04/2022

13. Memberships

Membership of any organisation where a conflict of interest with a member's or senator's public duties could foreseeably arise or be seen to arise

RepPersonName of organisationDate
Pat ConroySelfBHP Rifle Club - Honorary Vice President11/04/2022
Pat ConroySelfFilipino-Australian Society of Hunter Valley - Member11/04/2022
Pat ConroySelfRedhead Surf Life Saving Club - Patron11/04/2022
Pat ConroySelfSpeers Point Amateur Sailing Club - Patron11/04/2022
Pat ConroySelfWestlakes Access and Support - Patron11/04/2022
Pat ConroySelfEastlakes U3A - Patron11/04/2022
Pat ConroySelfRotary Club of Belmont - Member11/04/2022
Pat ConroySelfAustralian Manufacturing Workers' Union - Member11/04/2022
Pat ConroySelfSouthern Beaches Rugby Club - Member11/04/2022
Pat ConroySelfAustralian Labor Party (Cardiff branch)11/04/2022
Pat ConroySelfCardiff RSL club - member11/04/2022
Pat ConroySelfDoyalson RSL club - member11/04/2022
Pat ConroySelfUnion Aid Abroad APHEDA↳ Membership ceased 2/08/22. Deleted from register 23/08/2211/04/2022
Pat ConroySelfPatron - Belmont RSL Sub Branch03/08/2022
Pat ConroySelfBelmont 16s - member03/08/2022
Pat ConroySelfDoylo Lifestyle Group03/08/2022
Pat ConroySelfCardiff RSL Club03/08/2022
Pat ConroySpouse/partnerVirgin Club Membership11/04/2022
Pat ConroySpouse/partnerQantas Chairman's Lounge11/04/2022
Pat ConroySpouse/partnerAPNA (Australian Primary Health Care Nurses Association)11/04/2022
Pat ConroySpouse/partnerSchool P&C11/04/2022
Pat ConroySpouse/partnerLMCC [Lake Macquarie City Council]11/04/2022
Pat ConroySpouse/partnerALP (Cardiff Branch)11/04/2022
Pat ConroyDependent childrenNil11/04/2022

14. Other Interests

Any other interests where a conflict of interest with a member’s or senator’s public duties could foreseeably arise or be seen to arise

RepPersonNature of interestsDate
Pat ConroySelfNil11/04/2022
Pat ConroySpouse/partnerNil11/04/2022
Pat ConroyDependent childrenNil11/04/2022